Health professional resources
As a health professional you might be getting more requests for advice and information about waist circumference, physical activity and healthy eating due to Measure Up advertising.
Resources have been developed for your practice including:
- Posters to hang in your practice
- A practice detailing card that outlines waist circumference guidelines
- An aluminium cased tape measure to use to measure patients
- DL brochures to put in your waiting room
- Paper tape measures and 12-week planners for patients to use at home
See the list below for specific health professional resources and make sure you also look at what is available on the general campaign resource list.
You can also download a practice detailing card (PDF 565 KB). This resource highlights related Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items. Visit MBS Online for the listing of the Medicare Services subsidised by the Australian Government, and for the latest MBS information.
Refer your patients to the Measure Up website for information on better eating, exercising, recipes and motivational tips.
Health professional online order form
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.