How healthy are you?
Step 1: Complete the quiz
Question 1: What is the daily recommended fruit and vegetable intake for adults?
- At least 2 fruits and 4 vegetables
- 5 fruits and 3 vegetables
- At least 2 fruits and 5 vegetables
- 5 fruits and 2 vegetables
Question 2: From the list below which food group contains protein as its main nutrient?
- Breads, cereals, rice, pasta, noodles
- Meat, fish, poultry, eggs, nuts, legumes
- Vegetables and legumes
Question 3: Which of the following are all legumes?
- Green peas and beans, lentils, chick peas
- Swedes, lentils, chick peas
- Brussel sprouts, lentils, chick peas
- Onions, lentils, chick peas
Question 4: What is the correct guideline for the consumption of milk, yoghurt, cheese and/or alternatives?
- Reduced fat varieties should be chosen where possible for all age groups
- Reduced fat varieties should be chosen only for those over 2 years of age
- Full fat varieties are suitable for everyone
- Reduced fat varieties should be chosen only for those under 2 years of age
Question 5: Which particular vitamin are vegetarians and vegans at risk of deficiency in?
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
Question 6: Eating fruits or fruit juices at the same meal as meat can provide vitamin C to assist the absorption of what important mineral?
Question 7: Which of the following is a good way to reduce your saturated fat intake?
- Trim visible fat from meat
- Use full fat milk, yoghurt and cheese
- Choose processed meats
- Leave the skin on chicken
Question 8: Which of the following foods is generally the lowest in salt?
- Canned vegetables
- Fresh vegetables
- Processed meats
Question 9: The total amount of food that you need each day to provide you with your energy and nutrient needs depends on:
- Your age, gender, activity levels and whether or not you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Your age and gender only
- Your activity levels only
- Your mood
Question 10: Which of the following is equal to one serve of fruit for adults? (1 serve = 150 grams)
- 2 bananas
- 1 medium apple
- Half a rockmelon
- 4 strawberries
Question 11: Which of the following is one of the seven golden rules for healthy eating?
- Drink 2 glasses of water each day
- Eat more processed food
- Eat less fruit and vegetables
- Eat more fruit and vegetables
Step 2: Calculate your quiz score
Using your answers from Step 1, calculate your total score by adding your points for each question.
Q1A - 0, B - 0, C - 2, D - 0
Q2A - 0, B - 0, C - 2, D - 0
Q3A - 2, B - 0, C - 0, D - 0
Q4A - 0, B - 2, C - 0, D - 0
Q5A - 2, B - 0, C - 0, D - 0
Q6A - 2, B - 0, C - 0, D - 0
Q7A - 2, B - 0, C - 0, D - 0
Q8A - 0, B - 2, C - 0, D - 0
Q9A - 2, B - 0, C - 0, D - 0
Q10A - 0, B - 2, C - 0, D - 0
Q11A - 0, B - 0, C - 0, D - 2 br>
Step 3: Check your result
Between 0 and 10 points:
There is more you can learn about good nutrition and healthy eating.
Between 12 and 16 points:
You are doing well but there are areas where you can still learn more about nutrition and healthy eating.
Between 18 and 22 points:
Well done! You have a good understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.